Please realize that if your trip does not go according to your expectations in any way and for any reason, we are unable to provide refunds outside of what is described below.
Our policy was carefully crafted to balance respect for our clients, our administrative staff, and our guides.
If you cancel for any reason 30 or more days before domestic trips or 60 or more days before international and Alaska trips, we will refund everything you have paid minus half of your deposit.
No refunds will be provided if you cancel your trip for ANY REASON (this includes but is not limited to illness including Covid-19, injury, or work-related issues) within 30 days of the start of domestic trips or 60 days of international and Alaska based trips.
Once a program begins, no refunds or credits will be issued for any reason including but not limited to:
• Not showing up or departing prematurely
• Injury or illness
• Lack of mental or physical preparedness (please see the Difficulty Rating and Skill Requirements for your trip, located in the upper right-hand side of the trip page)
• Inadequate or missing equipment or clothing (see below for more information on equipment and clothing)
• Weather, Avalanche, Mountain And Travel Conditions (see below for more information on conditions)
If a trip or course is cancelled due to Covid-19 for the following reasons, a full refund will be provided minus 6% (3% credit card and 3% admin fee):
• Flights were suddenly cancelled or airfare could not be acquired.
• Permit areas are not allowing commercial activity.
• Government stay at home order in the area.
1. WEATHER, AVALANCHE, MOUNTAIN AND TRAVEL CONDITIONS
All of our trips take place outside and therefore are subject to whatever conditions there may be on the dates you have chosen. In signing up for a trip with us you are agreeing to attempt the objective even if conditions are not ideal.
Before the trip begins, if conditions are deemed unsafe by the guide assigned to your trip, Pro Guiding Service reserves the right to change the venue or itinerary.
Before the trip begins, if the guide deems the conditions such that any variation of the trip is not feasible, we will attempt to reschedule to dates that work for the group.
After your trip begins, if weather or conditions make the original objective not feasible, you are not entitled to a refund.
2. TRIP RATIOS
All of our pre-scheduled trips have a minimum number of participants required to make the trip feasible at the price offered.
If we do not reach the trip minimum for a trip you are signed up for, we can move the trip to a future dates that works for the current participants in an attempt to get more signups, or offer the trip as planned at our private guiding rates.
If changing the start date or paying our private rates do not work for you, you are entitled to your choice of a full refund or store credit.
3. REGISTERING A GROUP
If registering for a group, the person completing the registration assumes the financial responsibility for the entire group, including when people drop out so the final number of participants changes.
4. CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
It is your responsibility to review the equipment list and show up with all of the required gear and clothing. The equipment list tab is located under the photos on the upper left-had side of your trip page on our website.
If you have any questions at all about your gear or clothing, email email@example.com or call us at 425-888-6397
GEAR CHECKS: For all of our overnight trips in Washington State (excluding rock climbing trips) a gear check prior to the start date of your trip is required.
• The gear check is best done in person at our partner shop Pro Ski and Mountain Service: 112 West 2nd Street, North Bend, WA 98045. If absolutely necessary it can also be conducted over the phone.
Having inadequate or missing equipment or clothing can create a safety hazard for yourself and other trip participants, and may prevent you from participating. If you cannot participate in your trip because you showed up with inadequate or missing gear, you will not receive a refund.